However social media report is not always a pleasant task for marketers, it should be done with a great deal of attention to get the credit they deserve.
Before we start, we need to know how important it is to have a regular monthly social media report:
- To justify your budget or your future projects to your team or client.
- To assess your performance and strategy
- To keep track of your social media strategy
The key common element between the above points is precision. The more accurate the more convincing you are. And, the more data-based your strategy is, the more profitable it will get.
What characterizes a good social media report?
- Clarity: you just need to take a glimpse to deduce the conclusion
- Global and thorough in terms of the key performance indicators, but not too lengthy: an all-in-one report
- Coherent: categorizing features thematically
To meet the above features, you would need to spend a plenty of time on preparing your report. It might go at the expense of your work!
The answer lies in using the adequate tools. Think about it: reporting your social media performance is not a simply-doable task. You can easily get confused with numbers and get the wrong results.
Three words qualify the reporting process:
- Reliability: getting the actual results. Grounding your conclusions and general feedbacks on numbers will definitely help you come to an objective synthesis.
- Accuracy: giving importance to the minute details of your key performance and extracting conclusions from it will certainly build trust between you and the other party (client, team members)
- Efficiency: efficiency rests in the conclusion you will draw from the report. The conclusion will outline your subsequent action plan in the light of the insights found in your report.